Thursday, September 8, 2011

Time

What am I working on now!    Well it has been a busy September with school starting and trying to keep up with everything has left me little TIME for my projects.  Hopefully some of the dust is settling and I will have more time on my hands!   Well as far as the pumpkin rug goes ......I thought that I was done until I decided to add a cotton fringe border to the edges.  This is easily achieved by using one inch strips of cotton.   Fold in half long-wise and pull through backing at edge.  Then pull the two ends through the loop. You will do this all the way around the rug!    After you have finished some of the loops you can cut to length that you want.    After I finish the edging I will go back and add binding to cover the folded backing.


My other project that I am working on is with the Go! Baby  Fabric Cutter by Accuquilt.  What a great tool to have for applique!   I am planning on making a bag for holding my rug hooking tools. I have everything ready just need to get busy and sew!      

That is all I have for now!   Wishing summer didn't feel so short this year but I am enjoying some cooler weather.

Elaine




 
      

1 comment:

  1. Love that little bird so cute. Can't wait to see how it looks finished.

    ReplyDelete